Quesadillas are my favorite "quick meals" when we've put off cooking dinner till 9PM. I adapted this recipe from the Connoisseurus Veg, but with my own tweaks.
1 can of Pinto beans
1 poblano pepper
Tortillas (G/f is my preference)
1 jalapeno pepper
1 cup of cashews soaked 12 hours
1/2 a yellow onion
1/4 cup nooch
1 packet of taco seasoning
1/2 -3/4 cups non dairy milk
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp liquid smoke
2 tbsp cholula hot sauce
2 tbsp tapioca starch
1. Drain the cashews and throw them in the blender with the garlic and onion (leave just a little bit for the bean mix). blend, keep blending, don't stop, almost there, keep scraping the sides, a little more blending. You're almost there!
2. Seriously. Blend like theres no tomorrow. Add all the seasonings, nooch and non-dairy milk.
3. After its smooth enough poor into a sauce pan and heat on medium for 4-6 minutes while whisking like crazy, it'll start sticking together and pulling off the pan. set aside.
4. Sautee the onions and then add the peppers, when peppers are cooking drain and add the beans cook 4-5 minutes.
5. Microwave tortillas for 5-10 seconds then spread the cheese on HALF and add the bean/pepper mixture and fold tortilla in half.
6. lightly grease a large skillet and cook both sides for 3-4 minutes until desired.